Echoes of Glory
Plot Summary - Fourth Session
- The party arrive at the old temple during the night and do some scouting. One sentry is found and a disagreement occurs between Ash and Rodgar.
- waiting until just before dawn the party sweep in killing the guard and securing the temple compound, shortly thereafter being attack by rats who kill one guardsman.
- moving down into the temple Ferun stayed on the surface with the remaining guard, and was blessed by the goddess for restoring a broken head to its rightful place atop a smashed entrance statue.
- moving through the first stalagmite chamber we find a second filled with a swirling rock vortex. Earth elementals then attacked and Ash, Chillfist and Rodgar fled with Chillfist being heavily wounded, but was healed by Bastet.
- an underground spring fed pond was found, upon tasting the water Ash determined it to be disgusting, most likely poisoned.
- further along animal hides were hung across a corridor creating a private chamber, 4 orcs were killed and their loot captured.
- an enormous cavern filled with giant mushrooms was found, within 3 orcs were harvesting the fungi. The party extinguished their torches, waited, then ambushed and killed the 3 orcs trying to leave the cavern.
- a huge set of double iron bound doors was found shutting off entrance to a tunnel. The party paused here to contemplate their options believing the lair of the evil cleric was on the other side.